These Halloween Cheesecake Brownies are made with boxed brownie mix layered with an orange cream cheese layer. They are perfect for your Halloween party or movie night. These chocolatey cream cheese brownies make the perfect treat for spooky season! They’re also easy enough that your kiddos can help!
This post contains affiliate links. See our full disclosure policy, here.
Why we love this recipe-
- The brownie and cheesecake combination are amazing. You get the creamy cheesecake layer on top of the brownie layer and they come together to form a fun spooky treat once you dye the cheesecake mixture bright orange.
- We love that this recipe uses boxed brownie mix to make our lives easier. I love baking as much as the next person, but sometimes it is nice to have a recipe that is just easier, and why fight the fact that these boxed brownies turn out so perfect every time?
Here’s the full list of ingredients you’ll need to make these-
Halloween Cheesecake Brownies Ingredients:
- 1 (18.3 oz.) box of brownie mix + ingredients on the back (water, vegetable oil, eggs)
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. Vanilla extract
- Orange food coloring – gel works best
We used fudge brownie mix, but whatever variety of brownie mix you like will work just fine! Trust us about the gel food coloring. Even with gel it is going to take a lot to get us the desired shade of orange for Halloween. You’ll never get there with regular orange food coloring.
Halloween Cheesecake Brownies Directions:
Step 1: Heat oven to 350 degrees, spray a 9×13 inch pan with non-stick spray and set aside. Note: You can also use parchment paper instead of non-stick spray.
Step 2: In a large mixing bowl, combine brownie mix, eggs, oil, and water.
Step 3: Use an electric mixer or stand mixer to mix to combine, according to the package directions.
Step 4: Pour the brownie mixture into the prepared 9×13 inch pan. Set aside.
Step 5: In another large mixing bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar, until light and fluffy.
Step 6: Add egg, and vanilla, and mix to incorporate.
Step 7: Add 9-10 drops of orange gel food coloring, and mix until color is evenly distributed.
If desired, add more food coloring, until darker orange color is reached.
Step 8: Drop the orange cream cheese mixture by spoonfuls on top of the brownie batter.
Step 9: Use a toothpick or skewer to swirl the brownie batter and cheesecake mixture together.
Step 10: Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the brownies comes out clean.
Step 11: Allow the brownies to cool, use a butter knife to loosen the edges from the pan, cut and enjoy!
Note: We used a glass pan to bake these brownies. If you are using a metal pan, check your brownies at 40 minutes for doneness.
Store any leftover Halloween cream cheese swirl brownies in an airtight container, such as a large freezer bag, and for best results and longer lasting brownies, keep refrigerated. These are sure to get the whole family into the Halloween spirit, along with your favorite spooky movies, of course.
Halloween Swirl Brownies FAQs
How can I turn the brownie layer black?
Use black gel food coloring, of course! You can absolutely opt to do that to make these easy Halloween treats. You’ll get a really great contrast that way between the black brownie layer and the layer of orange cheesecake.
Can I make these with my homemade brownie recipe?
Yes! Make your homemade brownies as usual, then make the orange cream cheese part of this recipe, and drop over the homemade brownie batter. You’ll need to increase the cook time on your brownies though, and your best bet may be to keep a close eye on them and check in 5-10 minute increments past what your recipe calls for.
If you liked this delicious Halloween brownie recipe, you might like these other fun Halloween recipes-
Halloween Shooters – these green witchy shooters are sure to spice up your Halloween party fun.
Caramel Apple Jello Shots – these green jello shots are topped with caramel sauce and the perfect addition to your Halloween fun.
Witch’s Brew Cocktail – another fun green recipe- this cocktail reminds us of what you might find inside a witch’s cauldron, or maybe slime.
Green Apple Fireball Jello Shots – not necessarily Halloween themed, but these green jello shots are so much fun
Hocus Pocus Jello Shots – these fun jello shots are layered with purple and green jello and topped with the cutest Halloween sprinkles!
Poison Apple Halloween cocktail– this drink is made with apple cider, cranberry, delicious spiced rum, and a secret shimmery ingredient.
- 1 (18.3 oz.) box of fudge brownie mix + ingredients on the back (water, oil, eggs)
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. Vanilla
- Orange gel food coloring
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, spray a 9x13 inch pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine brownie mix, eggs, oil, and water.
- Use a hand mixer to mix to combine, according to the box directions.
- Pour into the prepared 9x13 inch pan. Set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese and sugar, until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, and vanilla, and mix to incorporate.
- Add 9-10 drops of orange gel food coloring, and mix until color is evenly distributed. If desired, add more food coloring, until darker orange color is reached.
- Drop the orange cheesecake mixture by spoonfuls over the brownie mix.
- Use a toothpick or skewer to swirl the brownie batter and cheesecake mixture together.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool, and enjoy!
Serving Size:1 brownie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150Total Fat: 13.3gSaturated Fat: 4.1gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 58mgCarbohydrates: 22.6gFiber: .1gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.