Are you looking for a fun and festive drink to serve at your summer parties? Why not try making some pineapple upside down cake jello shots? Not only are they easy to make, but they’re also sure to get everyone in the party mood.
This post contains affiliate links. See our full disclosure policy, here.
Pineapple upside down jello shots are a delicious and fun way to celebrate any occasion! This recipe is easy to follow, and the end result is sure to impress your friends.
- Knox gelatin
- Pineapple juice
- Whipped cream vodka
- Maraschino cherries for topping
- Plastic cups
See the recipe card for quantities.
Step 1: Place your plastic cups onto a baking sheet or into a muffin tin.
Step 2: In a medium saucepan, whisk together ¾ cup pineapple juice and 1 envelope of Knox gelatin. Stir in grenadine.
Step 3: Heat the gelatin mixture over medium-low heat until just steamy. Pour evenly between the plastic shot cups in a thin layer. Move to the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.
Step 4: Then, in a medium saucepan, whisk together 2 cups pineapple juice, 1 cup whipped cream vodka, and 3 envelopes of Knox gelatin.
Step 5: Heat over medium-low heat until just steamy. Divide evenly to fill the cups the remainder of the way.
Step 6: Chill in the refrigerator for 2 more hours until set.
Step 7: Before serving, cut a small hole out of the center of each jello cup and pop a maraschino cherry into it. Enjoy! This will ensure that the cherry is suspended in the center of the shot and looks beautiful when served. Don’t cut too far down, though. You want your cherry to be in the middle of the cups, not the bottom of the shot glass.
- Knox gelatin – if you cannot find Knox brand gelatin, you can use any brand of unflavored gelatin.
- Grenadine – if you do not have grenadine, you can substitute it with another type of syrup, such as a cherry simple syrup.
- Whipped cream vodka – if you do not have whipped cream vodka, you can substitute it with cake vodka or vanilla vodka. Regular vodka works great, too!
- Maraschino cherries – if you do not have maraschino cherries, you can substitute them with dark sweet cherries, fresh pineapple slices, strawberries, or another type of fruit.
Butterscotch Pineapple Cake Jello Shots – To make fun butterscotch pineapple cake jello shots, simply add 1 cup butterscotch schnapps to the recipe instead of whipped cream vodka.
Pina Colada Irish Cream Jello Shots – For a delicious pina colada Irish cream jello shot, add 1 cup Irish cream to the recipe instead of whipped cream vodka.
These delicious pineapple upside down cake jello shots can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. If you are making these ahead of time, be sure to keep them in airtight containers with lids so that they do not dry out.
- Make sure that you use the proper amount of gelatin for your jello shot recipe.
- You can also garnish your jello shots with some pineapple rings, sprinkles of coconut, or even some sprinkles.
- Line your plastic shot glasses with colorful cupcake liners so that they look like cute little cakes.
- To make sure your classic pineapple upside down jello shots turn out perfectly, use a small, sharp knife to cut a small circle in the center of each jello cup before adding the maraschino cherry.
Enjoy These Fun Jello Shots at Your Next Gathering!
Whether you’re looking for a fun and festive drink to serve at your next party or just want a delicious boozy snack that will satisfy your sweet tooth, these pineapple upside down cake jello shots are sure to please!
Their bright colors and tasty flavor combination make them perfect for any occasion. So grab your ingredients and get started. These shots are simple enough to make, even if you’re a beginner. I promise you won’t be disappointed!
Sign up for our email newsletter so that you never miss a recipe!
If you liked these, be sure to check out these other fun Jello shot recipes-
For a printable version of this recipe, see the recipe card below!
- 4 envelopes of knox gelatin, divided
- 2 ¾ cups pineapple juice, divided
- ¼ cup grenadine
- 1 cup whipped cream vodka
- Maraschino cherries for topping
- 2 oz. plastic cups
- Place your plastic cups onto a baking sheet or into a muffin tin. In a medium saucepan, whisk together ¾ cup pineapple juice and 1 envelope of knox gelatin.
- Stir in grenadine. Heat over medium-low heat until just steamy.
- Pour evenly between the plastic cups in a thin layer.
- Move to the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.
- Then, in a medium saucepan, whisk together 2 cups pineapple juice, 1 cup whipped cream vodka, and 3 envelopes of Knox gelatin.
- Heat over medium-low heat until just steamy.
- Divide evenly to fill the cups the remainder of the way.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 2 more hours, until set.
- Before serving, cut a small hole out of the center of each jello cup and pop a maraschino cherry into it.
Serving Size:1 Jello Shot
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 70Total Fat: .1gSaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 261mgCarbohydrates: 9.6gFiber: .1gSugar: 7.5gProtein: .6g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.