These yummy Watermelon Vodka Jello Shots are made with watermelon vodka and watermelon jello, for all of the watermelon flavor goodness. We even topped them with a watermelon sour patch candy. If you want to know how to make your own watermelon jello shots, keep reading!
Watermelon Jello Shot Ingredients
You’ll need just a few ingredients-
- 1 (3.9 oz.) box of Sonic watermelon gelatin
- 2 1/4 cups water, divided
- 3/4 cup of watermelon vodka (we used Absolut)
- (12) Watermelon sour patch candies
- (12) 2-ounce jello shot cups – these are also sometimes called condiment cups
For equipment, you’ll need a muffin tin or baking pan to place the shots onto for moving them to the refrigerator easily. You’ll also need a medium saucepan, a measuring cup, and a whisk. We make them right on the stove top, and that’s all for this easy recipe. We find the 2 ounce jello shot cups on Amazon or at our local Walmart, too, with the other plastic cups!
You can also skip the watermelon flavored vodka for whatever plain vodka you have on hand. These watermelon jello shots will still be delicious with whatever liquor you use, and I have some more ideas for you in the FAQs below.
Watermelon Vodka Jello Shots Directions
1. Place your plastic cups onto a shallow baking sheet, cookie sheet, or into the cups of a muffin pan, and set aside.
2. In a medium sauce pan, bring 1 ½ cups of water to a boil.
3. Whisk watermelon gelatin powder into the boiling water.
4. Stir in ¾ cup cold water and ¾ cup watermelon vodka.
5. Divide the gelatin mixture evenly among plastic cups.
6.Move the jello mixture cups to the refrigerator to chill for 4+ hours. Before serving, garnish each shot with a watermelon Sour Patch Kids candy piece.
There you have it, another super easy and simple jello shot recipe! These are so perfect for a summer party of barbecue, and they give a really fun twist on the classic Summer snack of watermelon! They’re the perfect boozy treat you are looking for if you want to impress a crowd. Jello shots are so fun and have become one of my favorite things to bring to parties. Everyone always raves over them.
I hope you love these Watermelon Vodka Jello Shots! If you do, you might also like these other fun jello shot recipes-
Green Apple Jello Shots (coming soon!)
Orange Creamsicle Jello Shots (coming soon!)
Also, try this fun Watermelon Martini cocktail.
Be sure to sign up for my email newsletter so that you never miss a recipe!
Watermelon Jello Shot Recipe FAQs
Is there a watermelon flavored jello?
There is not a watermelon flavor of the jell-o brand, but we used Sonic watermelon flavored jello! There are a few other brands that have watermelon jello you can use to make watermelon jello shots!
What if I can’t find Sonic jello?
Jolly rancher brand watermelon (so fun to top with a gummy jolly rancher candy) and starburst brand watermelon jello are both good options, too. You’ll just need to adjust the liquid amounts to match what is called for on the boxes of jello.
Do I have to use vodka?
Nope! You can use any liquor or flavor you prefer. We made these jello shots with watermelon vodka, but you can use any Malibu watermelon rum, or any other white rum is also a great option!
Does flavored vodka work for jello shots?
Yes! As long as it is a complimentary flavor. We knew these shots would have watermelon jello, so making them with watermelon vodka just made sense! Absolut watermelon vodka is our favorite for making watermelon vodka jello shots.
It doesn’t get much more fun than this fun party treat. Leave any other questions about this recipe in the comments below!
For a printable version of this Watermelon Jello Shots recipe, check out the recipe card below!
- 1 (3.94 oz.) box of watermelon gelatin
- 2 ¼ cups water, divided
- ¾ cup watermelon vodka
- 12 watermelon Sour Patch Kids candies
- 12 (2 oz) plastic shot cups
- Add plastic cups to a rimmed baking sheet or a muffin tin so you can move them in and out of the refrigerator. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, bring 1 ½ cups of water to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in watermelon gelatin.
- Stir in ¾ cup cold water and ¾ cup watermelon vodka.
- Divide evenly among plastic cups.
- Move to the refrigerator to chill for 4+ hours.
- Before serving, garnish each shot with a watermelon Sour Patch Kids candy piece.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.