This Boozy Irish Hot Chocolate recipe is really going to make your St. Patrick’s Day celebrations. It’s a from scratch recipe that includes Baileys Irish Cream liqueur, and Jameson Irish Whiskey for a fun adult homemade hot chocolate. This recipe serves two and is perfect for sharing.
This post contains affiliate links. See our full disclosure policy, here.
Why we love this Baileys & Jameson Hot Chocolate-
- Our Irish Coffee has been one of the most popular recipes on this site, so we knew we had to make a hot chocolate version to make the best Irish Hot Chocolate.
- If you love Baileys and Jameson like we do, cozy up with this warm treat any time of year, we won’t tell!
- This recipe uses simple ingredients to make a truly delicious boozy hot chocolate for St. Patrick’s Day, or any time. We love a good hot drink on a cold evening.
Can you put Jameson in hot cocoa?
Yes! Whiskey and chocolate go well together. We love adding a shot of liquor for an adult hot chocolate. Jameson is a great option, since whiskey adds to the warming effect. We also added Baileys Irish Cream!
Irish Hot Chocolate Ingredients:
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp. granulated sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 oz. dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 oz. Baileys Irish Cream (or, homemade Irish cream)
- 2 oz. Jameson Irish Whiskey
- Whipped cream and sprinkles for topping
Step 1: In a medium saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until warmed and steamy.
Step 2: Add cocoa, sugar, salt, and chopped chocolate.
Step 3: Whisk together and stir until ingredients are combined and chocolate is melted and incorporated.
Step 4: Remove from the heat and add Baileys and Jameson.
Step 5: Top with whipped cream and sprinkles.
Irish Hot Cocoa Substitutions & Tips:
- Take this hot cocoa up a notch by topping it with yummy chocolate shavings. You can top it with marshmallows, or any hot chocolate toppings you prefer!
- Don’t want to make it from scratch? Just combine your favorite hot chocolate mix (prepared according to the directions) with 1 oz. of Baileys and 1 oz. Jameson!
There’s not much better than cozying up with a good book on chilly nights with a warm hot chocolate drink. This one makes one of our most favorite warm cocktail options for cool weather. If you like warmer cocktails, you might like these delicious drinks & boozy treats-