These Chocolate Covered Cherry Shots are so much fun for Valentine’s Day, or any time. They are a delicious dessert shooter that we made using vodka, chocolate liqueur, and grenadine. Of course, we took these tasty shooters to the next level by topping them with whipped cream, a maraschino cherry, and chocolate sauce! We love the chocolate cherry flavor we get with this mini boozy treat.
Why We Love This Recipe
- We used simple ingredients to make this fun shot- we usually have some type of chocolate liqueur and grenadine on hand. Vodka, too, of course!
- They are so festive for Valentine’s Day, or even an anniversary or date night.
- We love the chocolate and cherry combination in these, they are the perfect little decadent dessert shooter.
Check out our post for even more Valentine’ s Day Shots.
Chocolate Cherry Shot Ingredients
- Chocolate Liqueur – We used Godiva chocolate liqueur for a creamy touch to these yummy shots.
- Vodka – We used regular vodka, but you could also use a cherry flavored for chocolate flavored vodka. Whipped cream flavored would also be delicious.
- Grenadine – This gives these shots their cherry flavor.
- Whipped Cream – We used this to take the presentation up a notch, but it is totally optional.
- Maraschino Cherries – The perfect topping for a shot that tastes like a chocolate covered cherry!
- Chocolate Sauce – This also upped the presentation on these shots.
- Ice – For the cocktail shaker!
How to Make Chocolate Covered Cherry Shots
Step 1: To a cocktail shaker, add ice, chocolate liqueur, vodka, and grenadine.
Step 2: Shake well to combine and chill.
Step 3: Slowly pour the mixture, strained, into your shot glasses.
Step 4: Garnish the shots with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and a maraschino cherry, if desired.
Tips & Tricks
- If you can’t find the Godiva chocolate liqueur in your liquor store, there are rumors that they are slowing down production in order to discontinue it. There are other great brands for chocolate liqueur, too. Our store carries Trader Vic’s chocolate liqueur, Mozart chocolate creme liqueur, as well as a Bailey’s chocolate Irish cream which would also be delicious! If your liqueur is not creamy, just add a splash of cream or half and half to the shot!
- Make even more shots with this same method, just multiply the liqueur, vodka, and grenadine. Shake well with ice, and pour into as many shot glasses that you can fill.
- Swap the chocolate liqueur for a white chocolate liqueur.
- Swap the regular vodka for a cherry vodka, chocolate vodka, or even a whipped cream vodka would be delicious.
This is such a fun shot that tastes like chocolate-covered cherries. They’re the perfect way to celebrate Valentine’s Day with that special someone, or even friends! You could even whip some of these up for your next date night.
Save this recipe for later- pin to Pinterest!
More Valentine’s Day Cocktails and Shots
Our White Chocolate Covered Cherry cocktail is made with whipped cream vodka, white chocolate liqueur, and grenadine!
Our Frozen Strawberry Mudslide is made with kahlúa and baileys, ice cream, and frozen strawberries!
For another fun Valentine’s Day drink, try our Sweetie Martini. It also includes white chocolate liqueur and grenadine for a fun chocolate covered cherry martini!
Our Valentine’s Day Jello Shots are layered with pink starburst jello and cherry jello.
For cherry fans, you can also try our Fireball Jello Shots made with cherry jello.
Our Chocolate Martini made with Godiva is another great Valentine’s Day cocktail.
- 1 1/2 ounces chocolate liqueur
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce grenadine
- Whipped cream for topping
- Chocolate sauce for topping
- Maraschino cherries for topping
- 1/2 cup ice
- To a cocktail shaker, add ice, chocolate liqueur, vodka, and grenadine.
- Shake to combine and chill.
- Pour into two shot glasses, strained.
- Top with whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and a maraschino cherry.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 312
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.