This Caramel Apple Margarita is a fun, festive cocktail for Fall and Halloween. We took all of the flavors of our favorite caramel covered green apples and put them into a cocktail. It is perfect for this time of year when the weather gets colder. It reminds us of the county fair, and fun spooky movie watching. We dressed up our margarita glass with a brown sugar rim, and loaded the drink down with caramel flavor. It is sure to be a huge hit for those that love all things caramel apple.
This post contains affiliate links. See our full disclosure policy, here.
Why we love this recipe-
- The sour apple pucker and caramel combination just reminds us of the caramel covered apples we loved as a kid (and sometimes still as an adult). It truly captures that caramel apple flavor that is so yummy.
- This drink is the perfect adult Halloween party indulgence.
- We used simple ingredients to make this fun drink recipe, some you might even already have on hand.
- Our caramel apple margaritas are perfect for any Fall party- think happy hours, or your Friendsgiving celebrations.
Caramel Apple Margarita Ingredients:
Tequila– You’ll need two ounces of tequila blanco, silver tequila, or any other mild flavored tequila in order to make this drink more like a classic margarita.
DeKuyper Sour Apple Pucker– two ounces of sour apple pucker schnapps. This gives the drink that fun green apple bite.
Juice– One ounce of apple juice. The higher quality the better and smoother your cocktail will be. We LOVE Martinelli’s Apple Juice.
Ice– about a cup, for the cocktail shaker.
Fresh Apples– We used fresh apple slices to garnish our caramel apple margaritas.
Caramel Sauce or Syrup– About 1-2 tbsp. of caramel sauce, plus extra for garnishing the rim.
Brown Sugar– for the brown sugar rim.
Step 1: Add a shallow layer of brown sugar to a small plate, and a layer of caramel sauce to another. Dip the rim of your glass into the caramel, and then into the sugar.
Step 2: Add caramel syrup to the bottom of the margarita glass.
Step 3: To a cocktail shaker, add 1 cup ice, tequila, sour apple schnapps, and apple juice. Shake to combine and chill.
Step 4: Pour the margarita, strained, into the glass.
Step 5: Garnish with a fresh apple slice.
Substitutions & Tips:
- Liquor- instead of tequila, try regular vodka, caramel vodka, or even an apple flavored vodka, rum, or whiskey. Vodka would make this a fun Caramel Apple Martini recipe.
- Juice- instead of apple juice, you could use a fresh apple cider for a fun twist.
- The Rim- opt for a cinnamon sugar mixture over the brown sugar, if you prefer. A cinnamon sugar rim will add a little more of that Fall spice to the drink, and would definitely be good if you opted to use apple cider over apple juice.
- Sour Apple Schnapps- You can use a regular apple liqueur if you don’t love the flavor of sour apple pucker. You’ll lose that sour bite, but it would still make for a delicious drink. You could add in a bit of lemon juice to offset losing that sour apple flavor.
- For more of a caramel flavor, add a bit of Butterscotch Schnapps.
Save this recipe for later. Click the image below to save to Pinterest!
For a printable version of the full recipe, see our recipe card below.
We hope you enjoy this fun margarita recipe. Our caramel green apple margarita is a delicious twist on a regular margarita, and full of all of the flavors of Fall. Whether you are having a spooky movie night, or a Fall themed paint and sip party with girlfriends, this drink offers a fun way to enjoy a delicious Fall margarita.
You might also like these other fun caramel apple Fall cocktails-
Our Caramel Apple Jello Shots are made with green apple jello, caramel sauce, and caramel vodka.
This Caramel Apple Mule is a fun twist on the Moscow Mule, made with caramel vodka, ginger beer, and apple cider.
For another fun caramel apple vodka cocktail, try our Caramel Apple Vodka Slush.
If you are looking for a warm Fall cocktail, try our Warm Caramel Apple Cider Cocktail.
- 2 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces sour apple pucker
- 1 ounce apple juice
- 1 cup ice
- Fresh apple slices for garnish
- 2 tbsp. Caramel sauce, plus extra for the rim
- Brown sugar for the rim
- Add a shallow layer of brown sugar to one saucer and a layer of caramel sauce to another.
- Dip the rim of a margarita glass into the caramel, and then into the sugar.
- Add caramel sauce to the bottom of the margarita glass.
- To a cocktail shaker, add 1 cup ice, tequila, sour apple pucker, and apple juice. Shake to combine and chill.
- Pour the margarita, strained, into the glass.
- Garnish with fresh apple slices.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 387
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.\