Blackberry syrup is the perfect addition to any cocktail for a touch of sweetness and a burst of flavor. This blackberry syrup for cocktails is made from fresh or frozen blackberries. This syrup is versatile and can be used in a variety of cocktail recipes. Its deep, rich color adds a beautiful aesthetic to any drink, making it not only delicious but visually appealing as well.
Blackberry syrup is a great way to add a fruity twist to classic cocktails like mojitos, margaritas, or even a simple vodka soda. Its natural sweetness makes it a great substitute for traditional simple syrup in many recipes, adding a unique and delicious twist to any drink.
Whether you’re a professional mixologist or just enjoy experimenting with cocktails at home, blackberry syrup is a must-have ingredient for adding depth and complexity to your beverages. Its bold flavor and vibrant color make it a standout addition to any bar cart. So, if you’re looking to elevate your next cocktail creation, consider adding blackberry syrup to your lineup of ingredients.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- You’ll love this blackberry syrup because it adds a burst of sweet, tangy flavor to your favorite mixed drinks.
- The rich, natural color of the blackberries gives your cocktails an elegant and sophisticated look, making them perfect for special occasions or impressing guests.
- The syrup itself is simple to make, requiring just a few ingredients and minimal effort.
- The fresh blackberry flavor and hint of sweetness will enhance the taste of any cocktail, from classic margaritas to sparkling spritzers.
- Plus, the syrup can be stored in the refrigerator for several weeks, allowing you to enjoy delicious blackberry cocktails whenever the mood strikes.
Whether you’re hosting a party or simply want to elevate your at-home mixology game, this blackberry syrup for cocktails is sure to become a staple in your bar cart. Add a touch of fruity sophistication to your drinks and savor the irresistible taste of homemade blackberry syrup.
Blackberry Syrup Ingredients
- Frozen Blackberries, thawed
- Lemon Juice
For detailed ingredients list and instructions, see the printable recipe card below.
How to Make Blackberry Simple Syrup
Step 1: In a medium saucepan, combine the frozen blackberries, water, sugar, and lemon juice.
Step 2: Heat over medium-high heat, until the mixture begins to simmer.
Step 3: Simmer for 10-15 minutes, then allow the mixture to cool completely.
Step 4: Carefully strain the syrup mixture through a fine mesh strainer.
Ways to use Blackberry Simple Syrup
There are many creative ways to use blackberry simple syrup in your culinary creations.
- One popular use is to mix it with sparkling water or lemonade for a refreshing summer drink.
- You can also drizzle it over pancakes or waffles for a sweet and fruity twist to your breakfast.
- For a more grown-up treat, add a splash of blackberry simple syrup to a glass of champagne or prosecco for a delicious cocktail.
- It can also be used as a topping for ice cream or yogurt, or as a flavoring for homemade popsicles.
- If you’re feeling adventurous, you can even use it as a glaze for grilled meats or roasted vegetables for a unique burst of flavor.
Whether you’re making beverages, desserts, or savory dishes, blackberry simple syrup is a versatile and delicious ingredient that can add a touch of sweetness and fruity flavor to your cooking.
Blackberry Simple Syrup Recipe Tips & FAQs
- Making blackberry simple syrup is a great way to take advantage of the abundance of fresh blackberries in the summer months, and that keeps you from having to use frozen.
- When cooking the syrup, be sure to stir constantly to prevent the sugar from burning and sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the syrup is ready, allow it to cool completely before straining out the blackberry pulp.
- Store the syrup in a clean, airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- Use this delicious blackberry simple syrup to flavor cocktails, lemonades, or even drizzle it over pancakes or waffles for a sweet and fruity breakfast treat.
How long does homemade blackberry simple syrup last?
When stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator, homemade blackberry simple syrup can last for up to 2 weeks.
What cocktails can I make with blackberry simple syrup?
Blackberry simple syrup is a versatile syrup that can be used to make a variety of cocktails, including blackberry lemonade, blackberry margarita, blackberry bourbon, blackberry moscow mule, and blackberry mojito.
Can I use fresh or frozen blackberries to make blackberry simple syrup?
Yes, you can use either fresh or frozen blackberries to make blackberry simple syrup. Both options will yield a tasty blackberry syrup for your favorite drinks.
How can I make the blackberry simple syrup thicker?
To make the blackberry simple syrup thicker, you can simmer the mixture for a longer time or use a higher ratio of blackberries to sugar and water.
What are some classic cocktails that use blackberry simple syrup?
Some classic cocktails that use blackberry simple syrup include blackberry lemonade, blackberry margarita, blackberry bourbon, blackberry moscow mule, and blackberry mojito.
Can I freeze the blackberry simple syrup for later use?
Yes, you can freeze the blackberry simple syrup by pouring it into an ice cube tray and then transferring the frozen syrup cubes to a sealed freezer bag for later use.
If you enjoyed this delicious blackberry syrup, you might like these other homemade syrups and liqueurs-
Our Spicy Jalapeno Simple Syrup is the perfect touch for your favorite margarita recipe.
For your favorite Fall cocktails, use our delicious Pumpkin Spice Syrup.
- 2 cups frozen blackberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan, combine blackberries, sugar, lemon juice, and water.
- Heat over medium high heat, to a simmer.
- Simmer the mixture for 10 minutes, then allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Once cooled, strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Serving Size:2 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 145
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.