Today I’m sharing how you can make your own delicious Baileys Latte at home, even if you don’t have an espresso maker! This is a fun twist on a classic coffee drink, and we love a good boozy coffee. This drink is great any time of year, but especially for St. Patrick’s Day. We used Bailey’s Irish Cream and instant espresso! It doesn’t get easier than that. You can, of course, use your own prepared shot of espresso, but we are sharing how you can enjoy this drink without any fancy equipment. You will need a small handheld milk frother, though, but we recommend having one of these on hand, since there are lots of fun things you can do with it, especially for coffee lovers. We love a good coffee cocktail, and this one is definitely one of our top 10 favorites.
This post contains affiliate links. See our full disclosure policy, here.
Bailey’s Latte Ingredients:
- 1.5 oz Baileys Irish Cream liqueur
- 1.5 oz. prepared Espresso, use instant if you don’t have an espresso machine (details below)
- 4.5 oz. hot milk
- Dark chocolate shavings for topping, optional
How to make espresso without an espresso maker
It’s easy! Just pick up instant espresso powder from your local grocery store. We love the Delallo brand. You simply mix the espresso powder with hot water, according to the package directions.
Once you have your espresso, here’s how to make this great drink-
Bailey’s Latte Directions:
Step 1: Into your favorite coffee mug, add Espresso and Baileys Irish Cream. Stir.
Step 2: Use a frother to froth the hot milk. Pour the frothy milk into your mug, reserving the foam.
Step 3: Gently spoon the foam on top of your latte.
Step 4: Top with desired toppings- whipped cream, chocolate shavings, or enjoy as is.
Substitutions & Tips:
- Want to skip the espresso fuss altogether? Just swap it with strong coffee.
- No chocolate on hand for shaving? Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon, instead.
- Want a sweeter Latte? Feel free to add the sweetener of your choice when you froth the milk!
We hope you enjoy this super simple latte recipe made with yummy Irish cream liqueur.
You might like these other delicious Baileys recipes-
Irish Coffee– our popular Irish coffee recipe made with Baileys and Jameson Irish Whiskey!
Baileys Coffee- a simple recipe for adding Baileys to your hot cup of coffee.
Baileys Hot Chocolate– you guessed it, here’s how you can add Bailey’s to your favorite hot chocolate!
Bailey’s Iced Coffee– Make yourself a delicious iced coffee with Bailey’s Irish Cream.
- 1.5 oz. Baileys Irish Cream
- 1.5 oz. prepared Espresso, use instant if you don’t have an espresso machine
- 4.5 oz. hot milk
- Whipped cream for topping, optional
- Chocolate shavings for topping, optional
- Into your favorite coffee mug, add Espresso and Baileys Irish Cream. Stir.
- Use a frother to froth the hot milk. Pour the milk into your mug, reserving the foam.
- Gently spoon the foam on top of your latte.
- Top with desired toppings- whipped cream, chocolate shavings, or enjoy as is.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 310
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.