These Butterscotch Pudding shots are the perfect little boozy treats. We love our jello shots, obviously, but I think that pudding shots might just be my favorite. They’re like a little boozy dessert cup, and so easy to make with instant pudding mix.
This post contains affiliate links. See our full disclosure policy, here.
Why we love this recipe-
- We just love creamy pudding shots of all varieties, and butterscotch pudding was one of my favorites as a kid. It only makes sense that these would appeal to me today.
- Pudding shots are so much fun. There are endless possibilities for different flavors with all of the different types of liquor, different instant pudding mix options, and different cream liqueurs.
- Pudding shots take just a handful of ingredients, and come together in a snap. They can be enjoyed immediately, or you can let them chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Butterscotch Pudding Shot Ingredients:
- 1 (3 ounce) box of instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 ½ cup milk
- ½ cup butterscotch schnapps
- 1 ½ cups cool whip whipped topping (for extra delicious shots, use extra creamy cool whip)
- Whipped cream for topping
You’ll also need 2 ounce plastic shot cups, also called condiment cups. I find these at walmart with the other plastic cups or on Amazon. They’re the perfect disposable shot glasses.
Step 1: In a large bowl, whisk together pudding, milk, and butterscotch schnapps.
Step 2: Add cool whip, and whisk until well combined.
Step 3: Pour the pudding mixture evenly into 2 ounce plastic cups.
Step 4: Refrigerate until ready to serve, and top with whipped cream just before serving.
Substitutions & Tips:
- Can’t find butterscotch pudding? You can use instant vanilla pudding for this recipe instead.
- Top these with chopped Butterfinger candy bars to make Butterfinger pudding shots.
- Swap 1/2 cup of milk with 1/2 cup cream soda to make these a Butterbeer pudding shot.
- To easily divide the mixture between the cups, use a small cookie scoop.
- We didn’t use vodka in these, just the butterscotch schnapps, but you could easily use a bit of whipped cream vodka in place of some of the milk to up the alcohol in these little boozy desserts.
- To make these even more fun, add a drizzle of caramel sauce, or butterscotch sauce, if you can find it.
These are the best boozy treat, and sure to be a huge hit at your next party. The butterscotch flavor is perfect for the holiday season, but these can be enjoyed any time of year.
For the full recipe, plus a printable version, see the recipe card below.
Save this recipe for later. Click the image below to save this pin to Pinterest.
You might also like these other great pudding shot recipes-
These Eggnog pudding shots are another Fall and winter favorite.
Our Strawberry Cheesecake pudding shots are a mix of strawberry jello and instant cheesecake pudding mix.
Our popular Chocolate Pudding Shots are made with chocolate instant pudding, plus Kahlua and vodka.
These Pumpkin Pie Pudding Shots are made with Rumchata.
Our Salted Caramel Pudding Shots are made with delicious Ghirardelli Sea Salt Caramel sauce.