If you are looking for a beautiful white cocktail for the holidays, this White Christmas Margarita recipe is going to be right up your alley. It has fresh lime and coconut, then we garnished with bright red cranberries, and a sprig of rosemary, too. Not only is this Christmas cocktail delicious, but it is going to present so well at your holiday party.
This post contains affiliate links. See our full disclosure policy, here.
Why we love this cocktail-
- The lime flavor mixed with the coconut flavor makes for a deliciously light and refreshing cocktail.
- We took a classic margarita recipe and dressed it up just for the holidays.
- This creamy coconut margarita is perfect for special occasions, or just to enjoy during the holiday season.
- The white color of this cocktail reminds us of a snowy Christmas.
White Christmas Margarita Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 oz. silver tequila
- 1 oz. triple sec (or other orange liqueur, such as Cointreau or Grand Mariner)
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- 2 oz. unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 oz. cream of coconut (use Coco Real, or add an additional ¼ oz agave syrup, or a bit of simple syrup if using a different brand that is not as sweet)
- ¼ oz. agave nectar
- 1 cup ice
- Fresh cranberries, slice of lime, and a rosemary sprig for garnish
- Coarse salt and an extra lime wedge to rim glasses
Step 1: In a large cocktail shaker, combine coconut milk, tequila, triple sec, lime juice, coconut cream, and agave. Give the shaker a good shake to combine and chill.
Step 2: Add a shallow layer of salt to a saucer.
Step 3: Run a wedge of lime around the rim of each glass, and dip the rim of the glass into the salt.
Step 4: Pour the shaken margarita mixture into your cocktail glass. Strain, if desired.
Step 5: Add fresh cranberries, a lime slice, and a sprig of rosemary garnish.
- If you prefer, you can do a sugar rim instead of a salted one.
- Serve this cocktail in a lowball glass or a stemless wine glass. While a margarita glass is fun, it makes us think of Summer more so than the holidays.
- We love adding a festive twist to classic cocktails. Homemade margaritas can be so easy, and delicious, and this one is perfect for your holiday gatherings.
You might also like these other festive cocktail ideas-
Cranberry Margarita – this margarita is so festive with a deep red color and shredded coconut rim.
Cranberry Mimosa (coming soon!) – your favorite brunch cocktail, dressed up for the holidays.
Santa Claus Cosmopolitan – this cosmo looks like it belongs at the North Pole!
Christmas Moscow Mule – we love this fun twist on the moscow mule. We used some of the same garnishes to make it extra festive.
Cranberry Mojito Recipe – a deliciously light and refreshing twist on the mojito.
- ⅕ oz. tequila
- 1 oz. triple sec
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- 2 oz. coconut milk
- 1 oz. coconut cream (use Coco Real, or add an additional ¼ oz agave if using a different brand that is not as sweet)
- ¼ oz. agave
- 1 cup ice
- Fresh cranberries, lime slice, and a sprig of rosemary for garnish
- Salt for the rim + an extra lime wedge
- To a cocktail shaker, add ice, tequila, triple sec, lime juice, coconut milk, coconut cream, and agave. Shake well to combine and chill.
- Add a shallow layer of salt to a saucer.
- Run a lime wedge around the rim of your glass, and dip the rim of the glass into the salt.
- Pour the margarita from the shaker into your cocktail glass. Strain, if desired.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries, a lime slice, and a sprig of rosemary.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 316
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.